Sunday, May 1, 2011

the BEST pancakes

I generally have a difficult time making simple recipes-rice, french toast, grilled cheese...  I think I assume it should be easy and don't take my time with it or walk away from the stove to do something else.  These recipes tend to result in the smoke alarms notifying me of my failure.  Pancakes are another one of these challenging foods for me.... they usually end up burned on the outside and gooey on the inside.  However, this morning I decided to give a new recipe a try and it was a success!  They were light and fluffy with a crisp outside.... delicious!

I don't normally sift ingredients, but I did sift the flour this morning and also used 3/4c vanilla soymilk (that we still had from our Easter brunch) and a 1/2c regular milk.  Sometimes it can be tricky to add melted butter, milk, and eggs together because usually the butter is warm and the milk and eggs are cold.  Try to get them around the same temperature so that your butter doesn't just clump up.  And when you combine the wet and dry ingredients mix only very gently--too much and your pancakes will be tough.  If you are a pancake lover like me you must try this!

P.S. I just noticed the recipe says serves 8, there is no way this recipe is for 8 people!  I would say 2 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment