Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whoopie!

Last week for bookclub I finally decided to embark on making whoopie pies.  I printed out the recipe from epicurious probably 6 months ago but figured they would be kind of time consuming and continued to put it off.  Well, it really was not very hard and they were totally worth the work!
(sorry my pictures are worse than usual, with the weather being so dismal it's hard without natural light!)
I pretty much followed the recipe as written, but for the filling I used about half shortening and half butter.  A lot of people complained in the reviews about the filling being too messy so I made the filling first and let it sit in a pastry bag upright in the pint glass in the fridge while I made the rest.  The frosting seemed kind of gritty at first but after it sat for a while that totally went away!






I just cut the bottom off of a pastry bag which made filling the pies super simple... it was fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment