Sunday, April 3, 2011

slacker update

So, I haven't been cooking or baking much the past couple days... I felt like Tuesday and Wednesday last week I spent the whole day in the kitchen!  By Thursday I was sort of sick of being in the kitchen and also coming down with a cold.  Now I am in that full-blown cold stage where nothing tastes good so I haven't had much desire to cook!  But I made two semi-successful cakes last week.  One for the birthday and one for my final cake class.  I am really sad that my classes are over... it was fun to be learning something new and it was nice to meet with the same ladies every week for 3 months!  I will definitely miss it and I need to force myself to keep practicing!

This is obviously the b-day cake.  I really need to work on my writing with a piping bag!  There are so many oddly placed flowers because I had to cover up my mistakes....

This is my final class cake with fondant.  This was the very first time I covered a cake in fondant so there were definitely imperfections but... I really liked the simplicity of the cake.  I made my own marshmallow fondant since the premade stuff is so expensive and not that tasty from what I've heard.   Hopefully I will get a good nights sleep tonight and be back to the kitchen tomorrow!

1 comment: