Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flower power!

So last night we actually had a somewhat exciting dinner... we added mashed sweet potato seasoned with chili powder to our tacos which we haven't done before and I must say it was pretty good!  I was inspired by this recipe, although we really didn't follow the rest at all.  It added a creamy texture so I didn't need to add quite so much sour cream.... (substituting a vegetable for dairy!?)

Tonight I had my Wilton fondant class and we made some fun flowers: 
Carnation
 Yet another rose...

And a Calla Lily!

One thing I find really entertaining about the Wilton class is that we take the time to make all the parts of the flower (even if they really can't be seen) and in our book they are properly scientifically named!  For the Calla Lily, the yellow part is labeled as "the spadix".... I have a Bachelors degree in biology and I did not know that is what it was called!

No comments:

Post a Comment