Sunday, November 13, 2011

where did the month of October go?!

Now that I am back in the world of modern conveniences, I am hoping to update much more often! 

Fall just might be my favorite season to bake--it's nice to have the oven warming up our apartment and I love baking with pumpkin and apples!  I like to bake with actual pumpkins and I'll do a post on that later but this week was a canned pumpkin kind of week...


I was anxious to get baking once I moved back into our apartment and one of my favorite fall recipes are these pumpkin cookies.  I used half brown sugar and half white sugar and I have been buying whole nutmeg seeds lately and grating them myself.  It adds much more flavor!  With all glaze recipes, be sure to check the consistency of the frosting--it's hard to measure confectioner's sugar accurately so take a spoon and make sure it will adhere and not just drip off.  I added cinnamon to the glaze and made it pretty thick so I could use a cake decorating bag to ice the cookies.


Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment