Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thanks Debi!

While working the other day, one of my co-workers, Debi, mentioned that she likes to cook... so I instantly got excited to swap recipes!  She sent me her mom's sweet and hot mustard recipe which I will now call "Debi's Sweet & Hot Mustard" ;) 

I made it yesterday and it was so easy and yummy!  I hope she doesn't mind me posting the recipe here... I halved the recipe mostly because I had exactly enough ingredients on hand to make half.  This is the halved recipe.
 
2oz Coleman's dry mustard (one box)
1/2 c vinegar

I should pass along that she told me you HAVE to use Coleman's dry mustard....no other brand will do.
Mix mustard and vinegar together and let sit for 2 hours.  Debi told me that the longer you let it sit the hotter it gets.... I went and ran errands which ended up being 3 hours.

Whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time.  Add 1/2 c sugar.  Set over double boiler (I improvised!) and cook on medium high until thickened. 
Let cool and jar.
Mine is really spicy!  I think next time I might stick with the 2 hours.... but it is very good!  I dipped chips in it all afternoon. 

Hope everyone gives this a try for 4th of July barbecues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment